As a practice, we would will like to reassure you that your safety is of paramount importance to us, and in addition to strict adherence to high infection control standards, we have also implemented the following changes to further reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- We will offer our patients a free Tele dental consultation if needed and screen all patients for treatment.
- We will screen all our patients over the phone which they will also need to confirm in writing for any of the following symptoms
- High temperature
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Have had contact with any one that needed to self isolate in the last 2weeks.
- We will make available TGA approved alcohol-based hand rub at reception for use by anyone entering the practice and prior to leaving.
- We have removed toys from the kids’ play area that can be cumbersome to disinfect thoroughly.
- We have removed of all magazines and pamphlets from the waiting room.
- We have removed all toothpaste samples to behind reception desks and available by request.
- We have Increased the cleaning and disinfecting frequency of our waiting room, door handles and common areas.
- We are spacing out appointments to allow more time for cleaning between patients and to facilitate social distancing in waiting room.
- We will take your temperature before entering the surgery.
- We will ask you to wait in the car until we are ready to see you so as to maintain safe social distancing in the waiting room.
- We will ask for only the patient to enter the surgery no one else allowed to accompany unless accompanying a minor.
Please be assured all staff have been thoroughly briefed on the importance of attending work only in the absence of any respiratory symptoms.
As health professionals, we would like to unequivocally state that these changes have been implemented in our practice largely to help protect the vulnerable people in our community and reduce the burden on our health system. We appreciate that most people infected by COVID-19 will exhibit mild symptoms, and would like to encourage the community to continue to practice hand hygiene habits, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, and stay at home if you are sick.
We thank you for your understanding in controlling the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
The Team at Thornleigh Dental Care.